In honor of finals week.
Stress. Amazing how a small, simple word can hold so many emotions for many different people. Stress can stop us from enjoying the things we love, so it is important to change up your daily habits or treat yourself occasionally to create a clear conscience for yourself. With that said, here are some of my favorite stress relievers:
- Find support from your loved ones
- Don’t look at it all at once.
– Just take things one piece at a time. (Make sure you put some breaks in there too)
- Take a walk
– Walks are extremely good for your mental health. It helps boost creativity and mental sharpness, increases your mood, lowers risk for Alzheimer’s, and helps you get a better night’s sleep!
- Create a schedule/invest in a planner
- Take a power nap
- Hugs! Seriously hugs are magic.
– Hugs release endorphins (a happy hormone) which can help your health in SO many ways.
- Take a shower or bath
- Cry (It’s ok! Let it all out!)
- Set down the phone and close the laptop
– Music is amazing because it can connect many groups of people. Music brings back vivid memories and emotions, so if you’re stressed I recommend putting on some tunes.
- Be creative (write, paint, draw, cook etc)
- Do yoga/meditate/stretch/workout
- Prepare the night before
– This week is finals week for my school, so make sure you have everything you need packed, charged, and laid out.
- Take a day to glam it up and dress your best.
– Go out for coffee with a friend or a date and just try to take some time to enjoy who you’re with, where you are, and who you are.
- It’s ok to say “no”
- Avoid negative people
- Jot down 3 things you are grateful for
- Do a random act of kindness for someone
- Believe in yourself
– Visualize yourself doing well and you will do well
- Go outside
– Even if it’s only for a few minutes
- Create goals
– They could be daily, weekly, monthly, or yearly!
- Decide what matters and what doesn’t
- Gracefully walk away from drama
- Take a half hour to quick clear up and clean out your space
- Focus on the positive
- Enjoy the little things
- Write lists 🙂
Hope this helps! Remember to take things one day at a time.