Recently I have found a passion of mine; painting and hand lettering. I started posting some of my work on Snapchat and have received an abundance of love and many friends and family wondering if I am selling my stuff. Now, as a beginner artist things just never looked quite right. I’d feel that I just wasn’t good enough. But the more positive feedback I received, and the more I practiced, practiced, practiced, the more confidence I had in my work. So I decided to just branch a little shop on my blog to start and see where it goes. Speaking of which, you can find my shop in the tab on the top of this page, and a link to the LWLB Instagram that shows recent photos of projects I have been working on and their details.
P.S I will be selling hand lettered watercolors AND knits!
Thank you to everyone who has supported me through everything. You are so loved.
8X10 Hot Air Balloon
8×10 Welcome Pineapple
8×10 Verse Anchor
Ways to show someone you love them:
- Tell them that you love and appreciate all the things that they do.
- Play their favorite music and dance with them.
- Cook or bake for them. Or WITH them! (Pancakes are hard and require minimal goofing around otherwise they will burn).
- Go out driving with nowhere to go and talk about anything and everything.
- Give lots of hugs and make it meaningful
- Surprise them with special dates, gifts, or even a new song you’ve been wanting to show them!
- Dress up in your best outfit and go out somewhere special with them. (There doesn’t even need to be an occasion)
- Make up pretend holidays (It’s “Greatest Boyfriend Day” Oh, looks like that you! Let’s go get Ice cream to celebrate!)
- Dance in the kitchen with them (fuzzy socks makes it even better)
- Send them the funniest/ugliest selfie humanly possible.
- Knit or sew them something warm for the winter.
- Sing to them or with them. (Crank up the tunes and let it out!)
- Send them snail mail.
- Be loud and goofy with them.
- Watch their favorite movie with them (even if it’s 3 hours long and has the worst storyline ever…)
• Exchange your favorite songs and listen to them on repeat.
- Take them to your favorite place
- Plan a surprise date for them
- Go to a drive-in movie and fill your car/truck up with pillows, blankets, and LOTS of snacks!
- Call them to say that you miss them
But remind them every day that you love them.
In honor of finals week.
Stress. Amazing how a small, simple word can hold so many emotions for many different people. Stress can stop us from enjoying the things we love, so it is important to change up your daily habits or treat yourself occasionally to create a clear conscience for yourself. With that said, here are some of my favorite stress relievers:
- Find support from your loved ones
- Don’t look at it all at once.
– Just take things one piece at a time. (Make sure you put some breaks in there too)
- Take a walk
– Walks are extremely good for your mental health. It helps boost creativity and mental sharpness, increases your mood, lowers risk for Alzheimer’s, and helps you get a better night’s sleep!
- Create a schedule/invest in a planner
- Take a power nap
- Hugs! Seriously hugs are magic.
– Hugs release endorphins (a happy hormone) which can help your health in SO many ways.
- Take a shower or bath
- Cry (It’s ok! Let it all out!)
- Set down the phone and close the laptop
– Music is amazing because it can connect many groups of people. Music brings back vivid memories and emotions, so if you’re stressed I recommend putting on some tunes.
- Be creative (write, paint, draw, cook etc)
- Do yoga/meditate/stretch/workout
- Prepare the night before
– This week is finals week for my school, so make sure you have everything you need packed, charged, and laid out.
- Take a day to glam it up and dress your best.
– Go out for coffee with a friend or a date and just try to take some time to enjoy who you’re with, where you are, and who you are.
- It’s ok to say “no”
- Avoid negative people
- Jot down 3 things you are grateful for
- Do a random act of kindness for someone
- Believe in yourself
– Visualize yourself doing well and you will do well
- Go outside
– Even if it’s only for a few minutes
- Create goals
– They could be daily, weekly, monthly, or yearly!
- Decide what matters and what doesn’t
- Gracefully walk away from drama
- Take a half hour to quick clear up and clean out your space
- Focus on the positive
- Enjoy the little things
- Write lists 🙂
Hope this helps! Remember to take things one day at a time.